Eat Meat Sparingly
Scientific Research About Meat - Part 1:
- "Eating a high-protien diet is an inefficient, ineffective way to lose wight, and it increases risk for cancer, high blog pressure, gout, osteoporosis, muscular fatigue, depression, and some seriously (bad) breath." 54
- Meat has no fiber and you are in jeopardy of developing kidney stones. 56
- "In a study invoking 1,500 patients with diabetes, most had lost more than half of their kidney function because of a high intake of animal protein." 58
- "A study of more than 500,000 individuals linked the consumption of meat to pancreatic cancer." 60
- "Another study of nearly 50,000 men linked meat-eating to colon cancer." 62
"People who eat red meat just once a week have a 38 precent greater risk; those who eat poultry just once a week have a 55 percent greater risk!" 63
"Another recent study found meat-eaters at 67 percent higher risk for colorectal cancer, despite any genetic factors." 64
- Colorectal cancer is second most common cancer in the US and fourth most worldwide. 65
- "Unsurprisingly, studies showed the intake of fruits, vegetables, whole grains, and legumes to be preventative and protective for multiple cancers." 66
- "Studies show that those who consume diets high in saturated fat and cholesterol but low in fruits, veggies, and nuts are at higher risk for Alzheimer's." 69
(referring to animal teeth) "The gaps ensure that meat doesn't get stuck between teeth." 70
"many anthropologists believe we descended from vegetarian ancestors." 72
"Our alkaline saliva is not meant to break down animal flesh; carnivores have acid saliva, perfectly designed for the task." 73 "the stomachs of carnivores have ten times more hydrochloric acid than ours." 74
"Genetically and structurally, we are designed to thrive on plant foods." 76
- "According to the American Journal of Epidemiology, eating chicken (and fish) is linked to colon cancer." "Researchers examine the eating habits of 32,000 men and women over a six-year period and then monitored emerging cancer cases for the next six years." "Among participants who generally avoided red meat but who ate white meat less than once per week, colon cancer risk was 55 percent higher than for those who avoided both kinds of meat. Those who had white meat at least once per week had more than three-fold higher colon cancer risk."107
- The American Dietetic Association, the worlds largest organization of nutrition professionals found the following: "After extensively reviewing all the scientific studies on vegetarian diets, they found that vegetarians have lower rates of obesity, diabetes, heart disease, high blood pressure, and cancer (all the top killers) than meat-eaters." 113
- "In fish and seafood are high levels of mercury and PCBs, which are well absorbed by the body. Other notables are BHC, chlordane, DDT, dieldrin, heptachlor, and dioxin." 110
- "Mercury, a suspected carcinogen, can alter immune function, raise blood pressure, cause blindness or paralysis, increase the chance of cardiac mortality, and is known to reduce virility." 112 "It can also inflict permanent brain damage on fetus, infants, and children."
- "So even though omega-3s are heart-healthy, a recent study in the British Medical Journal reported that eating fish did not have a beneficial effect on heart health." (313)
- "Researchers at the National Cancer Institute found grilled chicken to have high levels of heterocyclic amines (HCA), carcinogens that are formed when animal proteins are heated. With 480 nano grams of heterocyclic amines per farm, grilled chicken registered 15 times higher than beef." 108
"HCAs can form from cooking chicken, beef, pork, and fish, and whether you're grilling frying, or broiling."
"Grilling or broiling over a flame also produces polycyclic aromatic hydrocarbons (PAH), more carcinogens." 109
According to another website, fruits and vegetables are not susceptible to PAHs and HCAs.
- "All of the toxic chemicals found in food, 95 to 99 percent come from meat, fish, dairy, and eggs." 95 "The Food and Drug Administration's own Total Diet Study found that bacon had 124 different residues from pesticides, chemicals, and other industrial pollutants; bologna and other luncheon meats had 136; fast-food hamburgers had 285 residues; fast-food chicken nuggets had 184; hot dogs had 207; and ground beef had 180." 96 "In butter, the residue of more than 384 pesticides and industrial pollutants was detected, 171 in cheddar cheese, 173 in cream cheese, 168 in processed American cheese, and 160 in Swiss cheese." 97 "In comparison, meat contains 14 times more pesticides than plant foods; dairy has 5 times more pesticides than plant foods."
- "Calorie for calorie, soybeans have twice as much protein as red meat and cheese, and ten times more protein than whole milk." (322)
- "Heart disease is the deadliest killer in the United States, nabbing one out of three Americans." (347)
- "Yes, heart disease can also be hereditary, but only about 5 percent of the population has a true genetic disposition." (351) "So quit blaming bad genes. Instead, blame your high cholesterol, which is your own doing."
- "What we don't need is to consume foods that have cholesterol in them, because they tend to raise our bad cholesterol. And it just so happens that the foods that have cholesterol in them are animal-based foods. (meat, chicken, fish, eggs, dairy)." (354)
- "So if you thought "lean cuts" were low in cholesterol, think again, the cholesterol is mainly in the lean portion." (355)
- "And if you thought chicken was "health food," think again - chicken has as much cholesterol as beef." (356)
- "High cholesterol also mean higher likelihood of impotence." (358)
- "According to Dr. Campbell, 'Both diabetes and obesity are merely symptoms of poor health in general. They rarely exist in isolation of other diseases and often forecast deeper, more serious health problems, such as heart disease, cancer, and stroke.
- Two of the most frightening statistics show that diabetes among people in their thirties has increase 70 percent in less than ten years and the percentage of obese people has nearly doubled in the past thirty years.' " (360)
- Dr. Colin Campbell said, "People who ate the most animal-based foods got the most chronic disease. Even relatively small intakes of animal-based foods were associated with adverse effects. People who at the most plant-based foods were the healthiest and tended to avoid chronic disease." (381)
- Ready for more, read Part 2
Click here to get the book from the quotes above (I do not however approve of the crass language and swearing) - (clean book: Read the China Study):
Watch a great movie about all of this:
From My Heart to Yours:
I have been following a whole foods, plant-based diet for quite some time now. I feel great! I have more energy than ever before. I have seen so many rich blessings poured out upon me as I have eaten whole foods and meat sparingly (almost never). People all around me will get sick and I stay healthy. I TESTIFY that we are to EAT MEAT SPARINGLY, as it is PLEASING UNTO GOD.
- JUST TRY IT FOR A MONTH. YOU HAVE NOTHING TO LOSE but Excess Weight, Your Diseases, and A TON OF BLESSINGS TO GAIN.
- James Max Christensen